Thursday, February 11, 2010

vintage love

okay
I'm totally into this thing
this thing of visiting and buying stuff
from the thrifty store
.
so from now on
Thursdays will probably be in English
with a linky link thingy to Colorado lady's blog
.
.
I've always loved dumpster diving
and carrying off
other people's junk,
now,
to my husband's dismay, heehee
.
I lived in England for 5 years
and am totally regretful
that I didn't do it more often there
my heart aches when thinking about all the thrifty finds
that I might have missed out on there
.
well, it is never to late
and I've learned that America is thrifty heaven!
.
we only have 2 thrift stores here on the island
with lots of junk
but now and again
you can find a gem there
.
so with any further ado
my finds from the last weeks
.

one of my first finds, here
a little wooden box
with little areas for everything
and what not
I wasn't so sure about it
it reminded me of the dusty backrooms of old museums
with cobwebs and spiders
but I took it home anyway
and painted it cream,
filled it with some of my finds from the natural world,
hung it on the wall
and am loving it!
.
.
yesterday, I found this!
an embroidered clock!
it was dusty and dull
but I've learned not to take anything
at the thrifty store at face value
I brought it home
cleaned it up
and it looks absolutely lovely on our kitchen wall
.
I love handmade, crafty things
so much work went into this
I think it is an absolute gem
.


.

and it is in one of my all time favourite colours

olive green

so very vintagy!

check out the detail

.


.
embroidered love!
now all I need is to get a batery for it
and check if it still works
but I don't care about that
I love the look of it
.
ahhh, I love this
I will have to try and share every Thursday
.
thanks Colorado lady
lots of other lovely links on her blog!